IRA & 401(k) Guidance
- Leave the money where it is
- Take the cash (and pay income taxes and perhaps a 10% federal penalty tax if you are younger than age 59½)
- Transfer the money to another employer plan (if plan allows)
- Roll the money over to an IRA
Rolling over from one qualified plan to another qualified plan allows your money to continue growing tax deferred until you receive distributions in retirement. We can help you determine if a rollover is the right move for you and use the best tools and strategies available to us to help conserve and grow your rollover assets.
Retirement Income Planning
As you near retirement, the traditional strategy has been to move growth-seeking products to more conservative fixed-income products. This may have worked fine when retirement was only expected to last five to ten years. Since people are living longer today, we feel you need an efficient and effective plan tailor-made to your unique situation; one that is built to last your lifetime and beyond.
Making sure your assets can generate the retirement income stream you need today and keep up with the rising cost of living that inflation pressures can exert requires professional planning.
Which income streams do you have control over?
- Some, like Social Security and pensions, are automatic.
- Others, like distributions from your retirement and investment accounts or annuities, require specific decisions as to when and how much you should take out.
- Some of your accounts may allow you to take a guaranteed income stream that you can’t outlive.
An income plan involves a well thought out plan to evaluate your special needs concerning:
- Risk of your assets
- Needs for liquidity in case of emergencies
- Your peace of mind with the possible changes in your income needs; from changes in the cost of where you live to changes in the cost of your health care.
Elevation Capital Strategies can help you to develop an income plan that that is designed to ensure your assets can go the distance in retirement. To turn your savings into a durable income stream, you must strategize when and how to withdraw from your retirement savings. We will work with you to:
- Rollover a 401(k), IRA or other retirement savings plan
- Create an income distribution plan from your savings and investments
- Structure an income stream to last the duration of retirement
- Reduce or eliminate taxes on your retirement income
Our Elevate Your Retirement process is a great way of helping you to determine if your current strategies match up with your plans for today and for your future.
Is Long-Term Care insurance right for you? Insuring against Long-Term Care costs is an important decision to be considered in the context of your overall financial plan.
Long-Term Care insurance can be expensive, but there may be alternative legal strategies and new hybrid Long-Term Care Life insurance policies that may be more appropriate for your individual situation.
Many families that we help at Elevation Capital Strategies are concerned about losing their hard-earned assets to nursing home costs, lawsuits, and children or heirs that may not share their conservative financial values. We can discuss options to alleviate these concerns so that your assets end up in the hands of the people that you love and the organizations that you care about.
Estate planning is simply determining how to protect and best manage your estate while you are alive and where your assets should go when you pass on. As laws change, it is important that you maintain a modern estate plan.
There are many different types of trusts, which can be complex to set up and execute. We can walk you through options that may be appropriate for you and your loved ones, then direct you to a highly qualified attorney who can draft the legal documents to remain consistent with your goals.